- Ever wonder what the Linux Graphics
HOWTO looks like? Well, stop wondering and check it out. It deals with
tons more than just GIMP stuff...it talks about a ton of image software for
- Linux, in case you haven't
heard of it, is a free 32-bit Unix-style operating system that runs on
Intel based PC architectures, among others. It's really awesome, and
it's my operating system of choice.
- The standard for windowing systems in Unix is X, developed at
MIT. It is also free, and it has been developed for Linux and other
x86 operating systems by the XFree86 project.
- I am a big Doom
fan. This has nothing to do with anything, really. For a while (but no
longer) I maintained the IRC
- I haven't had the time (or the interest) to play with this extensively,
but Quake from id Software is out in
testing, and my friend joost schuur runs the premier web 'zine related to
- I work at a company called The
Maine InternetWorks, Inc., and NO, I did not do any official
graphics on their pages :).
- I recently ran across an old (1993 or '94) interview with Kai Krause,
and he was absolutly raving about LivePicture, talking about how it
would completely transform the field of digital image editing. Well, you be
the judge...it's very different from anything I had ever heard about
- Bruce Ide told me about his home
page about a month ago. It's fairly nifty.
- Kristinn Torfason has done some neat stuff with the GIMP on The X-Tra Chronicles home page.