| Scientific Data Processing & Visualization
| Software Packages
WebWinds, the successor to LinkWinds, is
an interactive science data visualization system. WebWinds is written in
Java, is available for all major
computer platforms and is based on
LinkWinds in that it inherits LinkWinds functionality. Because it is
written in Java, WebWinds is modular, allowing flexibility in tool
construction and application. It is also largely platform and operating
system independent so that it functions efficiently in today's
The current release of WebWinds is a beta release with the following
The data file formats accepted by WebWinds are:
- The ability to present and manipulate 2 and 3 dimensional data in a
variety of 1 and 2 dimensional display
- The ability to subset and subsample data on input or display output,
making it possible to handle very large
- Simultaneous display and analysis of multiple data sets which may be
- Interactive color manipulation.
- The ability to act as a Web browser helper application, making it
possible to survey scientific data archives
in interactive mode.
- HTML documentation, including examples.
- Raw binary data in signed and unsigned 1, 2 and 4 byte integers and
4 and 8 byte floating point.
- The Hierarchical Data Format (HDF).
- Data with Planetary Data System (PDS) headers.
- VICAR format.
- The astrophysics Flexible Image Transport System (FITS).
- ASCII text data.
- HDF-EOS data.
Current Version: .403 beta
License Type: Free for Non-Commercial Use
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: Yes (from Home Site)
- RedHat RPM Package: Yes (from Home Site)
- Other Packages: No
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
Subscribe to the mailing list by sending message to email@example.com
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.