Thanks to Penta2 (WIX of iCE) for the displacement maps and instructions.
First you will need displacement maps.
Then follow these instructions:
- Open the WIX_PUZZ_CR32413BB2.psd (hi/shadow/groves file).
- Open your image file you want to to work with.
- On the image file, click on Filter/Distort/Displace, and enter hor/ver scale value (I used 2 for both vert/horz for the above pic), activate TILE & WARP AROUND,
then choose WIX_PUZZ_CK32413BB2.psd as the disp map file.
- On the image file, open a new channel called hilite.
- Switch to WIX_PUZZ_CR32413BB2.psd and click on channel then DEFINE the hilite as pattern
- Back to image file. FILL the HILITE channel with PATTERN.
- Repeat step 4,5,6 for SHADOW & GROOVES.
- On the Image, Load the Hilite selection and adjust the LEVEL to white. (brighten)
- Load the Shadow selection and adjust the LEVEL to black. (darken, but not too dark).
- Load the Grooves selection and adjust the LEVEL to almost black (darkest)., or fill it with 50%black
© 1996 Nick Ustinov.