| Other Scientific Fields
| Artificial Intelligence
Sugal is the SUnderland Genetic ALgorithm system.
The aim of Sugal is to support research and
implementation in Genetic Algorithms on a common software platform. As such, Sugal supports a large
number of variants of Genetic Algorithms, and has extensive features to support customisation and extension.
- Supports multiple datatypes seamlessly: bit strings, integers, real numbers, symbols (from arbitrarily sized
alphabets), permutations. Also supports mixed datatypes.
- A powerful and general Genetic Algorithm
- Generates extensive statistics on population fitness and diversity.
- Interface can be extended and/or customised using simple registration routines and screen layout files.
- Conducts multiple experiments and calculates aggregate statistics.
- Users can add their own configuration file parameters and/or add additional options to existing parameters.
Current Version: 2.1
License Type: Free for Personal and Non-Profit Use
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Tested on Sun Solaris 2 and PC Borland C++ 3.0, and has been successfully run on OS/2 and SGI.
Sugal has platform-independent Graphical User Interface (running on PC Windows or X-Windows with MOTIF)
ANSI C compiler, MOTIF on Unix/X11.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
To join the discussion group, send emailto email@example.com with "join sugal Your Name" in the body of the message.
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.