| Other Scientific Fields
| Artificial Intelligence
EO is a templates-based, ANSI-C++ compliant evolutionary computation library.
It contains classes for any kind of evolutionary computation
(specially genetic algorithms) you might come up to, except maybe genetic programming.
Here are its features
- Chromosomes: Can be defined by the user, by subclassing the EO
class; binary, floating point and string are provided. All algorithms
defined work on all kind of chromosomes.
- Genetic operators: Can be defined by the user, by subclassing the
EOOp class. Operators can be unary, binary or n-ary (orgy)
operators. Several floating point, bitstring, and generic operators are
defined, like mutation, crossover, and things like that.
- Selection/elimination procedure: Can be defined by the user, by
subclassing the EOSelect class. Steady-State and rank-based are
- Reproduction procedure: Can be user defined (I'll skip that from
now on, but everything can be user-defined) by subclassing
EOBreed. Random, lottery, and rank-based are provided.
- Termination conditions: (user-definable) fitness and
- Algorithms: Easy Ga, SimpleGA and simulated annealing with
user-definable cooling schedule.
Some utilities: command-line parsing, random-number generations
Current Version: 0.8.7
License Type: Free for non-commercial use
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Tested on Linux/egcs 1.0.2, Irix, Solaris, Windows 95/NT
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See Home Site for details
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.