| Other Scientific Fields
| Artificial Intelligence
The Cellular Automata Simulation System
The Cellular Automata Simulation System consists of a compiler for the Cellang cellular automata programming
language, along with the corresponding documentation, viewer, and various tools.
The most important distinguishing features of Cellang, include support
- any number of dimensions;
- compile time specification of each dimension's size;
- cell neighborhoods of any size (though bounded at compile time) and shape;
- positional and time dependent neighborhoods;
- associating multiple values (fields), including arrays, with each cell;
- associating a potentially unbounded number of mobile agents
- local interactions only, since it is impossible to construct automata that contain
any global control or references to global variables.
Current Version: 13 Aug 1997
License Type: Free
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
DOS, UNIX (author said it should work on Linux without problem), Mac
http://www.cs.runet.edu/~dana/ca/examples (a number of example programs with screen captured output)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.