| Other Scientific Fields
| Artificial Intelligence
Agent Tcl is a transportable agent system written in Tcl.
The agents migrate from machine to machine using the jump command. Execution resumes on the
destination machine at the statement immediately after the jump (modifications to the Tcl core allow the
capture of the complete internal state of an executing script).
In addition to migration, Agent Tcl also supports:
The next release of Agent Tcl (July 1997) will provide much better
performance and sufficient security mechanisms to protect a machine from
malicious agents. It will also allow agents to be written in Java as well
as Tcl. More details on the next release can be found at the Web site
- Message passing: Agents can send messages to each other.
- Direct connections: Agents can establish direct connections with each other for bulk data transfer.
- Agents can use Tk 4.0 to display graphical interfaces on their current machine.
- Creation of new agents and cloning of existing agents.
- Generic timeout and retry mechanisms.
- Rudimentary security.
Current Version: 1.1
License Type: ??
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
known to compile on Linux/Intel, IBM RS/6000 AIX, SGI IRIX, DecStation Ultrix, Dec Alpha OSF/1, FreeBSD/Intel, SunOS and Solaris.
The source code should be easily portable to any Unix platform that provides TCP/IP and Berkley sockets.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.