| Other Scientific Fields
| Chemistry, Biology & Related
Commandline app for Restriction Enzyme and Transcription Factor
analysis and mapping. New in Version 2 is:
- multiple degenerate pattern matching *with* errors,
- handling and matching degenerate input sequence,
- proximity matching of patterns (ie. report if siteA is < 200b from siteB)
- Open Reading Frame analysis and
- export of data for use with external plotting/analysis tools
- more features, bug fixes, robustness.
- a whole new set of bugs ;)
The Web cgi (tacgi) has not yet been updated for version 2 but should be
Current Version: 2.28
License Type: Free as written for profit and nonprofit uses.
Incorporation of code into commercial software requires
author's written permission.
Source Code Availability: Yes, ftp://mamba.bio.uci.edu/pub/tacg/
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (also binaries for Silicon Graphics/IRIX 5.x, Solaris, HP-UX, DEC-UNIX)
Silicon Graphics/IRIX 5.3 (R3000, R4X00, R5000)
Sun SPARC/SunOS (5.3, 4.1.3)
DEC Alpha/DEC Unix aka OSF/1 (V3.0/347)
DECStations (MIPS R3000-based)/Ultrix (4.2)
NeXT boxes (Black)/NeXTSTEP (3.2)
and especially Intel PCs running Linux (1.2.8(486), 2.0.0 (586)),
ANSI C Compiler (gcc is fine), recent math libs
ftp://mamba.bio.uci.edu/pub/tacg (FTP site)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
New versions announced to bionet.software
See A Screen Shot?
Check out the Home Site for various outputs.
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.