| Other Scientific Fields
| Chemistry, Biology & Related
SeqPup is a biological sequence editor and analysis program.
It includes links to network
services and external analysis programs.
- multiple sequence alignment and single sequence editors
- read and write several sequence file formats
- easy hand alignment features including colored bases and sliding
- Internet sequence analysis services by BOP and email methods
- automatic multiple sequence alignment with ClustalW app
- automatic gel fragment alignment to contigs with CAP app
- automatic base calling from ABI or SCF trace files with autoseq app
- phylogenetic analysis of alignments with fastDNAml and LSADT apps
- consensus, reverse, complement, degap, and distance/similarity operations
- restriction maps
- pretty print of alignments and sequences with boxed and shaded regions.
- translate dna to/from protein using various codon tables
- find strings and ORFs
- automatic preference saving
- user-definable links to external analysis programs
Current Version: 0.6
License Type: Free
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (see Home Page)
Macintosh (PowerMac and 68K),
MS Windows (Win95, WinNT and Win3), and Unix/XWindows systems
including Sun Solaris, SGI Irix, DEC Unix, Linux.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.