| Other Scientific Fields
| Chemistry, Biology & Related
CACTVS Tools is a visualization package for chemist. Features:
- A full-featured 2D structure editor (csed),
- A 2D structure browser (csbr),
- An Image viewer, which can also compute GIF images from connectivity alone (csimg),
- A multi-spectra viewer (NMR, IR, UV/VIS, MS), especially usefil for
spectra found on the WWW (csir),
- An NMR viewer with rather restricted capabilities,
- An structure data access/download tool for Chemical MIME files on
the WWW (cswa),
- A WWW structure database access client (csws),
- An XY grapher for numeric information attached to structure datasets,
- A client for a database of computed NMR shieldings (cssharc),
- A GUI-less basic client which can for example be used for
computation services on the internet (via dedicated ports or as CGI
program) and for command-line function testing (csts).
Current Version: 1.7.0 (3.0 expected in a few months)
License Type: Free for non-commercial (private, academic) or internal use.
Source Code Availability: C Sources of Core Library --- Not generally, only for collaborators;
Tck/Tk Code --- Yes.
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (with easy installation script)
Currently Linux, SunOS, Solaris, IRIX.
Next release includes HPUX and maybe WindowsNT.
ELF support, newer C runtime library (exact required
version is unknown, but problems with really old releases were
obvserved). Some software features require running portmapper
for rpc support. Other features use Internet connections
for distributed processing or data access via http/ftp etc.
ftp://schiele.organik.uni-erlangen.de/pub/cactvs/ (FTP site)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
- "I must congratulate you with an impressive system
(CACTVS) and a very nice molecule structure editor!
At least the molecular editor will be used in our
group from now. We have been considering buying
commercial software for the purpose of drawing mol.
structures, but that need is eliminated by csed." ..... Oyvind
See A Screen Shot?
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.