| Other Scientific Fields
| Chemistry, Biology & Related
BRAGI is an interactive protein-modelling program. It was developed for the special purpose to modell unknown
proteins from the structure of a known one. But it has many other features like:
- Display of proteins or non-proteins; Different file formats (Brookhaven, RDI, Sybyl MOL2)
- Display of structures in various modes (space filling, Ball&Stick, tube, ...)
- Display in stereo mode
- Calculation and display of the molecular surface (coloured by electrostatics or hydrophobicity; solid or
- Calculation and display of secondary structure
- Display of backbone torsion angles (RAMACHANDRAN-Plot)
- Exchange of amino acids & variation of torsion angles with interactive energy calculation
- Comparison of the three dimensional structure and supercomposition of two molecules by RMS fitting
- Calculation of covalent and potential hydrogen bonds
- Building or replacing protein loops
Current Version: ??
License Type: Free for Academic Use (license required)
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (enscripted tar.gz file)
SGI, HP, DEC, Sun, Linux (there exists a Linux directory in the distribution).
Linux version is developed with Mesa and Motif.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.