| Other Scientific Fields
| Electrical & Related Software
OCEAN is a comprehensive chip design package.
It includes a full set of powerful tools for the synthesis and verification of
semi-custom sea-of-gates and gate-array chips. OCEAN covers the back-end of the design trajectory:
from circuit level, down to layout and a working chip. In a nutshell, OCEAN has the following features:
- Available for free, including all source code.
- Short learning curve making it suitable for student design courses.
- Hierarchical (full-custom-like) layout style on sea-of-gates.
- Powerful tools for placement, routing, simulation and extraction.
- Any combination of automatic and interactive manual layout.
- OCEAN can handle even the largest designs.
- Running on popular HP, Sun and 386/486 PC machines, easy installation.
- Includes three sea-of-gates images with libraries and a
200.000 transistor sea-of-gates chip.
- Can be easily adapted to arbitrary images with any number of layers.
- Interface programs for other tools and systems (SIS, cadence, etc.)
- Elaborate users manual with hands-on tutorials.
- Robust and 'combat-proven', used by hundreds of people.
Current Version: August 1996
License Type: GPL
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
HP, Sun, SGI, PC/Linux
X11R3 or up, 30MB disk space.
ftp://donau.et.tudelft.nl/pub/ocean (FTP site)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.