| Other Scientific Fields
JStrack is a freeware UNIX-based (and currently unfinished) hurricane tracking program. It's written entirely in Tcl/Tk.
Its major features are:
- Direct processing of NHC Forecast/Advisory text to extract storm information.
- JStrack now has the (optional) ability to watch for updates to storm data while it is running
- filt.tcl (the NHC filter) now has a (partial) list of city names that appear in NHC probabilities listings.
- JStrack now has two different charts that the user can select from.
- Plots the wind radii (again, can do this for both current and past positions).
- A table showing the history of the storm.
Current Version: 1.31
License Type: Freeware
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Tcl/Tk. It is developed on Linux.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.