SOLID Server is a full-featured relational client/server DBMS.
It is an ideal component to be embedded in mass-produced
software and industrial applications.
SOLID Server features:
- Ease of use, carefree administration
- Automatic recovery, 24hour operation
- Scalability from single-user Windows to SMP RISC
- High performance within standards: SQL2, ODBC
- Industrial strength transaction management
- Support for all major operating systems and
- Driver for UNIFACE 5.2, 6.1 and 7.0
- Compact size; minimum requirements are 386, 1MB
RAM, 2MB disk
- Native 100% Pure Java JDBC driver of type 4
Current Version: 2.3
License Type: Commercial, Free version of SOLID Desktop for
Linux is available.
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Windows 95, Windows NT (Intel), Windows NT (Alpha), Novell Netware, OS/2,
SCO UNIX, Linux (Intel), IBM AIX, HP-UX, SUN Solaris 2.5, OpenVMS VAX,
OpenVMS Alpha, Silicon Graphics IRIX 6.2, detail at http://www.solidtech.com/Support/faq.htm#ENVIRONMENTS
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
- Chris Tacy in "Off the
Net" on Netscape's web site:
"SOLID - Fantastic
lightweight SQL database. JDBC-
robust... yeah, it's got all the
buzzwords you could ever want.
Best of all, it's about 1/10 the
price of the competition. Big win
all around I'd say."
- Linux Journal, No.41, Sep, 1997
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)