| Database Systems
| Relational DBMS
The availablility of Oracle products on Linux will enable
users of Linux to deploy enterprise class applications
with unparalleled performance at the lowest possible
cost. In addition, users will reap the scalability, flexibility
and reliability benefits that Oracle products bring to the
open Linux environment.
Oracle currently has following products available for Linux:
- WebDB -- complete and cost-effective solution for building, deploying, and proactively monitoring Web database applications and content-driven Web sites.
- Oracle Lite -- for building, deploying and managing mobile applications.
- Oracle8 Server -- database management system.
- Oracle8i -- a complete, integrated platform for building and deploying
mission-critical applications for the internet.
- Oracle Application Server -- scaleable, standards-based architecture and superior data integration for supporting real-world applications in both corporate and e-business environments.
- Oracle Applications -- for enterprise applications such as financials, projects, human resources, supply chain and manufacturing.
- Oracle Developer -- Internet Rapid Application Development (RAD) tool for building e-business solutions.
Current Version: 8i
License Type: Commercial (demo available)
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: ??
Unix, Windows, Linux
http://www.oracle.com/products/trial/html/trial.html (trial version of Oracle8 database)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.