| Database Systems
| Relational DBMS
MDBMS is a SQL database server.
Some main features of MDBMS:
- Very easy installation, 1 binary, no configuration.
- Rich SQL support, like: subselects (WHERE IN, WHERE EXISTS),
referential integrity (ON DELETE CASCADE, SET NULL,
RESTRICT), GROUP BY, full expressions in SELECT and WHERE
parts (SELECT (salary/12)*months FROM ...), primary keys and foreign
keys consisting of multiple attributes and more.>
- Support for tables without a primary key.
- Full control over a telnet TCP connection. There's a user TCP port
for normal use and a client TCP port, for fast, easy to parse access by
- Smooth multitasking: every port can run their own queries
- Full user based security system with GRANT/REVOKE on SELECT,
INSERT, DELETE, UPDATE, DROP and WITH GRANT OPTION.
- A dynamic CGI-bin is included for easy web integration.
- A Java interface is being worked on, as well as ODBC.
Current Version: Beta version
License Type: The alpha test version is free for non-commercial use. See http://www.orion.nl/~marty/mdbms/html/legal.html
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (tar.gz in ELF)
Unix (Linux ELF, BSD, Alpha, Solaris)
About 5MB disk space and 4MB RAM
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.