Originally created in 1980 as the first programmer's editor, VEDIT PLUS has
evolved into a unique multi-function tool that effortlessly handles all of your
routine, tricky and huge file editing needs.
Some of its important features:
- Edit absolutely any file - text, data, or binary up to 2 Gigabytes.
- Edit in ASCII, Hex, EBCDIC, Octal or any combination of modes.
- Edit Windows/DOS, UNIX and Macintosh text files, data files with
fixed/variable length records.
- Multi-file, multi-window (MDI) editing.
- Powerful columnar blocks - cut, paste, fill, search/replace, indent, sort
- Translate between EBCDIC and ASCII, IBM PC and ANSI.
- Convert newlines, smart detab/retab, flexible sorting.
- Flexible search/replace with ultra-fast pattern matching or regular
- Perform numerous search/replace on entire groups (even thousands) of
- Color syntax highlighting, smart indenting, template editing and other
- Extensive HTML, C and ASM editing features; integrated compiler
- Powerful C-like macro language for writing custom translators, filters,
- Comprehensive searching, translating, filtering and file comparison.
Fully configurable keyboard layout, emulations and over 250
Current Version: 5.1
License Type: Commercial
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Intel platforms (VEDIT is written in Intel assembly language) running DOS, Windows 95/NT, SCO UNIX and XENIX, QNX, Linux version coming late 1998
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)