| Office Software
VMware, Inc. offers a dramatically new approach to personal computing.
VMware frees developers and end users from operating system constraints --
without risk - and can significantly improve the overall computing experience.
VMware is the first application to liberate the PC from the constraint of
being able to run only one session on one operating system on one machine. The
company's patent-pending VMware Virtual Platform(tm) technology is a thin
software layer that allows users to:
- Run multiple operating systems concurrently on a single PC-without
repartitioning or rebooting.
- Isolate and protect each operating environment, and the applications and data that are running in it.
- Interoperate among each of these operating systems, including full networking, device and file sharing, and cut-and-paste capabilities.
- Undo changes made in a given session.
- Encapsulate and manipulate each operating environment, and have the ability to roll back and restart an application, or move an environment among differently configured machines.
Current Version: 2.0
License Type: Commercial
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: ??
Linux and Windows NT & 2000
See http://www.vmware.com/products/detailedlinux.html#reqs for Linux's requirements
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot?
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.