| Office Software
KBackup provides both, a wealth of features that make it one of the leading backup systems and an easy to use
and effective interface, making it the perfect solution for the occasional user as well as regular backup tasks.
KBackup uses well proven and reliable backup tools, enhances their functionality and wraps it all up in an easy to
use and effective user interface.
Some important features:
- Support for different backup media, including tapes, floppy disks and removable hard disks.
- Support for software compression and public key encryption.
- Support of different archive formats, using either tar or afio at your choice.
- Automatic detection of archive type and relevant option settings during restore.
- Table of contents at the beginning of the archive.
- User friendly menu interface on systems supporting the dialog program.
- Support for accessing remote backup devices.
- Double buffering for slow or heavily loaded machines.
- Incremental or full backups, flexible and powerful file selection options.
Current Version: 1.2.11
License Type: GPL
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: Yes
- Other Packages: Yes (tar.gz)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
Mailing list at email@example.com. To subscribe to it, mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with "subscribe kbackup" in the _body_ of the message.
See A Screen Shot?
main menu and main configuration menu
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.