X11/Motif user interface and application generator.
Snapix is based on a complete, typed, structured, event driven,
object oriented language which offers:
- ease of use, wellknown C syntax (no lengthy learning curve),
- short development cycle,
- very scalable and maintainable,
- small memory and disk footprint, fast execution speed,
- high reliability.
The package includes:
Personal use (nonprofit, noncommercial) and education read package
embedded COPYRIGHTS file before usage.
- an advanced, structured, object oriented language,
- a graphics editor which generates Snapix source code,
- an interpreter/compiler,
- a runtime/driver for standalone application usage,
- full documentation: ref. manual, installation and user guides,
(postcript files), and online hypertext help.
Current Version: 3.1.18
License Type: 2 versions:
- Non-Commercial -- for Linux86, free distribution and usage for
educational and non commercial/non profitable usage (see licence file
with the package)
- Commercial -- needs to buy a commercial version of SNAPIX
development system in order to have the right to develop/edit/distribute
applications. Application usage: free (previously a usage fee was
required on a user basis, whatever the application origin was). We will
remove user's fee obligation from the present commercial license.
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes
Non-Commercial version --- Linux86 only.
Commercial version --- SVR4/Unixware, SCO, Solaris (86+Sparc), AIX
(powerPC), HP UX, DIGITAL Unix, Lynx OS, Sun OS, Linux86. A partial version
exists for Windows 3 with Hummingbird X11 server and another will be
developped shortly for Win NT, still with Hummingbird X11 eXceed server.
X11. Commercial version requires a Motif licence if dynamic libraries are used.
Non commercial version doen't because Motif is statically linked with
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)