| Tools & Utilities
S-Lang is a C programmer's library that includes routines for the rapid development of sophisticated, user
friendly, multi-platform applications.
The S-Lang library includes the following:
- Low level tty input routines for reading single characters at a time.
- Keymap routines for defining keys and manipulating multiple keymaps.
- A high-level keyprocessing interface (SLkp) for handling function and arrow keys.
- High level screen management routines for manipulating both monochrome and color terminals. These
routines are very efficient. (SLsmg)
- Low level terminal-independent routines for manipulating the display of a terminal. (SLtt)
- Routines for reading single line input with line editing and recall capabilities. (SLrline)
- Searching functions: both ordinary searches and regular expression searches. (SLsearch)
- An embedded stack-based language interpreter with a C-like syntax.
Current Version: 1.4.4
License Type: GPL
Source Code Availability: Yes
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: Yes (currently in unstable section)
- RedHat RPM Package: Yes
- Other Packages: ??
UNIX, PC-MSDOS, VMS, OS/2
ftp://space.mit.edu/pub/davis/slang/ (FTP site)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.