| Computer Graphics, Images & Signals
| Processing & Visualization
daVinci is an interactive visualization tool for directed graphs.
Features of daVinci at a glance:
- Automatic graph layout with edge crossing- and bend minimization.
- Interactive fine tuning of a given layout.
- Node and edge attributes (color, font, shapes, icons, ...).
- Interactive abstraction operations (collapsing subgraphs, hiding
- Scaling functions for getting an overview.
- Navigation and search features for browsing a graph.
- Layout orientations: top-down, bottom-up, left-to-right, etc.
- Encapsulated PostScript output.
- Motif like user interface with file browser, icon bar, keyboard
- Integrated help system and online documentation based on
- API for tool communication with an underlying application
- Interactive graph editor available as demo application.
Current Version: 2.1
License Type: Free of charge for non-profit use. Commercial licenses are also available.
Source Code Availability: No
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes (gzipped tar file)
All major UNIX platforms: Sun Solaris, HP-UX, IBM AIX, SGI IRIX,
DEC UNIX, Linux, etc.
UNIX Workstation: RISC processor, X11R5 or higher, 32MB RAM.
PC: 486 processor or better, X11R6 or higher, 16MB RAM.
ftp://ftp.tzi.DE/tzi/biss/daVinci/ (FTP Site)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
The email address for daVinci related requests is: daVinci@tzi.de
See A Screen Shot?
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.