| Scientific Data Processing & Visualization
| Software Packages
xfarbe is a contouring program for iso-lines with the following
- Nonlinear interpolation with bicubics on a rectangular grid
- area and pattern filling capability, colored lines
- X-Window and Postscript output
- Customization with X-Window Resource file
- Interactive and automatic labeling of contour lines
- Interactive data probing for value and derivatives
- Placing of symbols (information read from a file)
- Exact location of extrema and saddle points
- Computation of profiles
- HTML- Documentation
Current Version: 2.4a
License Type: Free for Non-Commercial Use, see
Source Code Availability: Yes, distribution is source code with makefile, see Home Site. Source code is supplied for portability issues only.
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
All Unix systems with X11 and Athena Widget Set
X11, Release 3 or higher, Athena Widgets (from MIT X11
preferably 8-bit screen with writable color map
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
Author's e-mail address: email@example.com
- I was impressed by the quality of the prints ...
- Once you have configured everything, it is doing what you want ...
- Wished, it had an option for missing points in the array ...
- Much better than Gnuplot ...
See A Screen Shot?
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.