TOCHNOG is a free finite element program written in C++.
Some program capabilities are:
TOCHNOG can utilize multiprocessor platforms with Linux kernels 2.0 or later and LinuxThreads.
- Input -- format free input, words and no magic numbers, boundary conditions at geometrical entities.
- output/plotting -- output at geometrical points, history of variables, interface to Gnuplot, Plotmtv, GMV or Tecplot (commercial) for plotting.
- elements -- 1D, 2D and 3D isoparametric elements, linear simplex elements, family of 1st to 4th order bar, quadrilateral and brick elements.
- mesh generation/refining -- macro regions are automatically divided into finite elements, local h-refinement, global h-refinement, global p-refinement, remeshing, mapping from old state variables.
- differential equations --
- convection-diffusion equation -- temperature calculations.
- fluids -- Stokes and Navier-Stokes.
- solids -- elasticity (isotropy and transverse isotropy),
plasticity (Von-Mises, Mohr-Coulomb, Gurson, etc.; plasticity surfaces can be arbitrarily combined),
damage, hypoelasticity, viscoelasticity, viscoplasticity,
- ground water flow equation -- Darcy law.
- wave equation.
- non-local calculations for softening materials -- a gradient model for plasticity, strain averaging within a radius for all material models.
- interaction analysis -- automatic fluid-solid interaction, temperature effects on fluids, solids.
- contact analysis -- with or without friction, frictional heat generation.
- frames of description -- Lagrangian, Eulerian, and AEL.
- type of analysis -- quasi-static and dynamic analysis.
- parallelization -- element nodal force calculation, contact algorithm,
mapping of state variables when building a new mesh, determination of boundary conditions, nonlocal strain calculation, etc.
Current Version: ??
License Type: GPL
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Linux (single or multi-processor), HP, SGI, SPARC
LinuxThread and Linux kernel 2.0 or up is needed for multi-threaded version.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Examples with pictures)