| Numerical Analysis
| Discrete Methods & Related Tools
The MODULEF finite element library contains about 3000 procedures written in Fortran 77. These procedures were designed
with the utmost concern for software portability.
The following capabilities are available in the MODULEF library:
- Automatic generation and modification of two- and three-dimensional meshes.
- Specification of material characteristics or external forces by sub-domain or boundary section.
- Choice of type of finite element method, for example, conforming, non-conforming, hybrid, or mixed.
- The finite element library contains about 36 elements for thermal analysis
and about 61 elements for elasticity for isotropic and anisotropic materials.
- Linear systems can be solved using direct or iterative methods.
- Solution methods for eigenproblems include inverse iteration, subspace iteration, Lanczos and QR
- The solution of time-dependent thermal problems and dynamic problems by classical multi-step,
Gear multistep predictor-corrector, or 3rd - order semi implicit Runga-Kutta
- Non-linear elasticity.
- Solution of variational inequalities subject to bounded constraints by relaxation and complementarity.
- Solution of the Dirichlet problem for a biharmonic operator by a mixed finite element method of order 1
Current Version: 99
License Type: BSD-like
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
UNIX such as Sun, HP, SGI, DEC, IBM, Cray and Linux
Fortran 77 Compiler, such as g77
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.