| Numerical Analysis
| Discrete Methods & Related Tools
EasyMesh is a two-dimensional quality mesh generator.
It also comes with a visualization package ShowMesh, which is an X-Windows application.
- Generates two dimensional, unstructured, Delaunay and constrained Delaunay triangulations in general
- Handles holes in the domain.
- Local refining/coarsening can be achieved easily with different techniques.
- Handles domains composed of more than one material.
- Performs renumeration of nodes, elements and sides in order to decrease the bandwidth of discretized set
of equations (wherever you place the unknowns). This renumeration is invoked by default, and cannot be
switched off by the command line option.
- Has a built-in function for relaxation of grid, in order to avoid the creation of nodes surrounded with more
than 7 and less than 5 elements. The result of this technique, combined with Laplacian smoothing, is a grid
of high quality.
- Performs Laplacian smoothing.
- Uses very simple ASCII file as input.
- Creates three different ASCII output files with all the data which a numerical analysist might need.
- If specified by a command line switch, creates a drawing with Delaunay and Voronoi mesh in DXF or fig
format, so the results of triangulation can be viewed with any graphical tool which supports these formats.
Current Version: 1.4
License Type: Free
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
EasyMesh has been compiled and tested on:
PC running DOS 6.22 and Win95 with Watcom C/C++ 10.0a compiler;
PC running RedHat Linux 3.03;
PC running Linux Caldera;
SUN Ultra 1 Model 140 running SunOS 5.5;
Iris Indigo xs24 running IRIX 5.2;
Cray J916/8 - 1024 running UNICOS 8.0.3.
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot?
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.