| Numerical Analysis
| Discrete Methods & Related Tools
ALADDIN is a computational toolkit for the interactive matrix and finite element analysis of large engineering
structures. In ALADDIN, finite element computations are viewed as a specialized form of matrix computations,
matrices are viewed as rectangular arrays of physical quantities, and numbers viewed as dimensionless physical
ALADDIN provides engineers with:
The target application area for ALADDIN is static and dynamic finite element analysis of multi-story buildings
and highway bridge structures. The dynamic analysis of structures due to earthquake loads is of particular
- Mechanisms to define physical quantities with units, and matrices of physical quantities.
- Facilities for physical quantity and matrix arithmetic.
- A SI and US units package.
- A matrix package. Its capabilities include matrix arithmetic, solution of linear matrix equations, and the
general symmetric eigenvalue problem.
- Programming constructs to control the solution procedure (i.e. branching and looping) in matrix and finite
- A finite element mesh generation package. Two- and three-dimensional finite element meshes can be
- A library of finite elements. Currently, the finite element library includes elements for plane stress/plane
strain analysis, two-dimensional beam/column analysis, three-dimensional truss analysis, DKQ plate
analysis, and a variety of shell finite elements.
Current Version: ??
License Type: Free
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
ALADDIN has been tested on a SUN SPARCstation, DECstation 5000,
and IBM RS/6000.
The author said that ALADDIN still needs to be fully tested under Linux, and if someone
wants to help them with the testing of examples problems, that would
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.