| Numerical Analysis
WAILI is a wavelet transform library. It includes some basic image processing operations based on the use of
wavelets and forms the backbone of more complex image processing operations.
WAILI.xl is a version of WAILI with Extensions for Very Large Images. Very large images are divided in blocks, which
do not necessarily have to be present in the computer system's main memory. WAILI.xl provides most of the operations
implemented in WAILI.
- Uses integer wavelet transforms based on the Lifting Scheme
- Provides various wavelet transforms of the Cohen-Daubechies-Feauveau family of biorthogonal wavelets
- Provides crop and merge operations on wavelet-transformed images
- Provides noise reduction based on wavelet thresholding using Generalized Cross Validation
- Provides scaling of images
- Provides edge enhancement of images
- Provides also some simple image operations (addition and subtraction of images)
- Allows different image representations (RGB, YUV, Lab, ...)
Current Version: 19970514
License Type: GPL
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
UNIX and C++ (tested under Linux/ix86 and Linux/m68k)
The development was done using g++ 2.7.2.x
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.