| Numerical Analysis
Mersenne Twister(MT) is a pseudorandom number generator.
Following are its main features:
There are also Fortran (g77 ok) implementation.
- It is designed with consideration on the flaws of various existing generators.
- The algorithm is coded into a C source downloadable below.
- Far longer period and far higher order of equidistribution than any other implemented generators. (It
is proved that the period is 2^19937-1, and 623-dimensional equidistribution property is assured.)
- Fast generation. (Although it depends on the system, it is reported that MT is sometimes faster than
the standard ANSI-C library in a system with pipeline and cache memory.)
- fficient use of the memory. (The implemented C-code mt19937.c consumes only 624 words of
Current Version: 3.0
License Type: ??
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
C or Foretran compiler
http://www.cs.umd.edu/users/seanl/gp/ contains Java implementation
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.