The Colt distribution provides an open source infrastructure for
scalable scientific and technical computing in Java. It contains, among
others, efficient and usable data structures and algorithms for Off-line
and On-line Data Analysis, Linear Algebra, Multi-dimensional arrays,
Statistics, Histogramming, Monte Carlo Simulation, Parallel & Concurrent
This distribution consists of several free Java libraries, for user convenience bundled under one single uniform umbrella.
- Colt library -- provides fundamental
general-purpose data structures optimized for numerical data, such as resizable arrays, dense and sparse
matrices (multi-dimensional arrays), linear algebra, associative containers and buffer management.
- Jet library -- contains mathematical and statistical tools for data analysis, powerful histogramming functionality,
- JAL library -- a partial port of the C++ Standard Template Library developed by Silicon Graphics, contains a wide range of
efficiently coded general-purpose algorithms on arrays.
- RngPack library -- contains random number
- CoreJava library -- contains C-like print formatting.
- Concurrent library -- contains
standardized, efficient utility classes commonly encountered in parallel & concurrent programming.
- VNI library -- contains mathematical functions and complex numbers.
Current Version: 1.0.1
License Type: different licenses for the libraries
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Java platform. Implemented in 100% pure java. Tested on Linux, Solaris, and NT, also known to work on AIX, Digital Unix, SGI and HP
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)