| Computer Algebra Systems
Software from The Symbolic Computational Group
The Symbolic Computation Group of the DFT-UERJ was created in 1993. The activity of the group consists of
implementing mathematical methods for physics using symbolic computation, and of using the resulting
software packages in related problems.
The software are all implemented in Maple, and they
- The Grassmann package -- for symbolic computing with anti-commutative and non-commutative variables.
- The partials package -- for evaluating partial and functional derivatives of tensor functions.
- The PDEtools package -- for the analytical solving of partial differential equations.
- The ODEtools package -- for solving first and second order ordinary differential equations using symmetry methods.
- The Poincare package -- for plotting Poincare sections of Hamiltonian (dynamical) systems.
- The Vecalc package -- for doing algebraic and differential calculus with symbolic vector functions (not matrices) in curvilinear coordinates.
- The PDEplot -- for 3D plots of non-linear first order PDEs.
Current Version: N/A
License Type: Free
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: No
Where Maple is available
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.