Oorange is a virtual laboratory for experimental mathematics.
It consists of a set of infrastructure services supporting the
creation, execution, and dissemination of mathematical experiments.
For each component of a traditional physical experiment,
there is a corresponding Oorange infrastructure feature.
These include but are not restricted to
- a computational network editor for assembling software objects into
larger units, and performing
update of the resulting graph;
- interpreted scripting control of each computational node;
- a comprehensive inspection service for looking at and changing the
values of all objects in the system;
- large class library of objects (Objective-C) applicable to a wide
range of domains;
- fully integrated animation protocol for dynamic processes;
- 2D and 3D viewers with open architectures;
- generous HTML documentation on classes and many tutorials;
- a full contingent of examples that will get you started in a wide
variety of application areas.
Look here for
a short description of examples with typical images generated by
Current Version: 1.1
License Type: Free and copyrighted, see Copyright Statement
Source Code Availability:
Available Binary Packages:
- Debian Package: No
- RedHat RPM Package: No
- Other Packages: Yes
At least 16MB RAM and i486 for Linux. Perl, gcc-2.7.0 or up, ld.so-1.7.11 or up.
http://www-sfb288.math.tu-berlin.de/oorange/ (FTP Site)
ftp://ftp-sfb288.math.tu-berlin.de/pub/oornage/INSTALL.oorange.1.0.1 (Installation instructions)
Mailing Lists/USENET News Groups:
See A Screen Shot? (Not Yet)
Copyright © 1995-2001 by
Copyright © 1997-2001 by
Kachina Technologies, Inc.
All rights reserved.