On March 29, 2002
in response to numerous requests from the Society members, the Council Board
of the EAAS decided to modify the list of scientific sessions of the conference
"International Collaboration in Astronomy: Current Status and Development Prospects".
Here is the tentative list of conference sessions
- Cooperation among NIS researchers and between NIS researchers
and their colleagues in other countries.
- International cooperation within the countries covered by INTAS
- Development of international data bases and informational support
- International cooperation in astronomical education and
spreading of scientific knowledge and achievements of science
- International cooperation in the development of new
ground-based and space-borne astronomical facilities
- Celestial Mechanics and Gravimetry
- The Sun and planets
- Galaxies and Cosmology
- Stellar astrophysics and Galactic astronomy
Mini-symposia on sub-topic or topics not covered by the main
sessions might be held.
The organizing committee welcomes your comments and suggestions.