EURASIAN ASTRONOMICAL SOCIETY
SCIENTIFIC COUNCIL ON ASTRONOMY OF
"ASTRONOMY - 2005:
"Astronomy - 2005: Current State and Prospects" is to be held in
Moscow, Russia, on May 30 - June 6,
1. Cherepashchuk A.M.- Chairman
2. Obridko V.N. - Vice-Chairperson
3. Rykhlova L.V. - Vice-Chairperson
4. Chepurova V.M.- Executive secretary
5. Alfaro E. (
6. Bochkarev N.G.
7. Collin S. (
8. Dennefeld M. (
9. Dubinsky B.A.
10. Eremeeva, A.I.
11. Ivanov V.V.
16. Ryabov M.I. (
17. Rastorguev A.S.
18. Samus, N.N.
19. Silchenko O.K.
20. Shevchenko V.V.
22. Wamsteker W. (
23. Yatskiv Ya.S. (
24. Zahn J.-P. (
25. Zakharova, P.E.
The 8th General Meeting Agenda includes:
1. Summary Report of the Society Council
2. Summary Report of the Revision Commission
3. Discussion on the important current problems of the Society's activities
4. Discussion of the
situation in science and education in
5. Election of the leading bodies of the Society
Several invited talks will be given on special topics. To this date the following reports have been confirmed:
2. Bochkarev, N.G.
On Some Traits of Astronomy of
3. Idlis, G.M. Investigations on Archaeoastronomy and the History of Astronomy: Actual State and Prospects
Panel discussion on topics related to the progress of the scientific research are also planned.
MAIN OPTIONAL SECTIONS (WORKSHOPS) OF THE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM
"ASTRONOMY - 2005: ACTUAL STATE AND PROSPECTS"
Section 1: Astrometry and Celestial Mechanics
Conveners: Rykhova, L.V.; Chepurova, V.M.
Section 2: Solar Physics and Solar-Terrestrial Coupling
Convener: Obridko, V.N.
Section 3: Galaxies and Cosmology
Conveners: Rastorguev, A.S.; Silchenko, O.K.
Section 4: Physics of the Stars and Interstellar Medium
Conveners: Bochkarev, N.G.; Samus, N.N.
Section 5: Planetary Systems
Convener: Shevchenko, V.V.
Section 6: The History of Astronomy
Convener: Eremeeva, A.I.
Section 7: Problems of Astronomical Education
Conveners: Zakharova, P.E.; Ivanov, V.V.
1. Balega, Yu.Yu. Astronomy with Large Telescopes
2. Bordovitsina, T.V. Celestial Mechanics: Actual and Prospective Research.
3. Bochkarev, N.G. Middle-size and Small Telescopes in Present-Day Astronomy
4. Boyarchuk, A.A. Astronomy with Space-Borne Instruments
5. Galper, A.M. Gamma-Astronomy and Search for Dark Matter
6. Gindilis, L.M. The SETI Project: 50 Years-Long Quest
7. Dluzhnevskaya, O.B. Astronomical Research in the "Informational Boom" Epoch
8. Zasov, A.V. Kinematics and Evolution of the Spiral Galaxies
9. Korablev, O.I. Investigation of the Major Bodies of the Solar System
10. Ksanfomaliti, L.V. The Prospect of the Studies of Extrasolar Planets, Protoplanetary Disks and Planetary Cosmogony
11. Dagkesamansky, R.D. Prospective Trends in the Development of Radio Astronomy
12. Obridko, V.N. Solar Studies and Solar-Terrestrial Coupling: Actual Situation and Prospects
13. Panasyuk, M.I. Cosmic Rays Astrophysics: Equipment, Theory, Actual Situation and Prospects
14. Rudenko, V.N.
Gravitational-Wave Astronomy in
15. Rykhlova, L.V. Applied Astronomical Investigations
16. Smirnov, M.A. Studies of the Minor Bodies of the Solar System
17. Finkelstein, A.M. Actual State and Prospects of Positional Astronomy and the Study of the Earth Rotation.
18. Cherepashchuk, A.M. Investigation of Close Binary Systems on Later Stages of their Evolution.
19. Emilio Alfaro.
"25 Years of the Development of the Spanish Astronomy, from a Marginal
Position to the
1. Preliminary registration: March 1, 2005
2. The 2nd Announcement March 10, 2005
3. Submission of the contribution abstract April 15, 2005
4. The 3rd Announcement May 1, 2005
1. Family name
2. Given name(s)
5. Mail address
6. EAAS membership (yes/no)
7. To what section (workshop) do you wish to present your contribution?
8. The contribution title*
9. The contribution preferable status (oral/poster)*
10. Do you need a hotel room? (yes/no)
11. Information about financial support you need (yes/no; travel, accommodation, cutting down/waiving of the registration fee)**
12. e-mail address
*) If you wish to present more than one contribution, please repeat the points 8 and 9 (8a, 9a, etc.)
**)Presently we cannot tell with any degree of certainty what financial resources would be available. We have applied to several foundations, but the results are not still known to us. We hope the situation would become clear by mid-March. Meanwhile, we advise those interested in participating in the Meeting to look for financial support elsewhere.
You may register to the Symposium sending your completed Registration Form by e-mail to: email@example.com (preferably, as attached .doc file) with Subject: "cong2005 registration".
Hotel and Abstract Submission forms will be circulated later.